Goals for the Growver mechanical design:
- Minimize number of parts and especially the number of fasteners
- Use a minimum number of tools for final assembly
- Replacing or upgrading parts should only take a few minutes
- Use readily available materials
- Take advantage of 3D printing, but with moderate print times
- Weather resistant
- Light-weight 4.3 kg (9.4 lbs) including battery and water tank
- Easily customized
The refill station combines 3-D printed parts and a low-cost float valve. No electronics are required - Growver activates the valve by simply driving up to the refill station.
Growver is designed in Fusion360. The complete design is available on the AutoDesk gallery
3D Printable files and CAD drawings will be available here soon.